Kym Goodman Bio
Kym Goodman: Learning with laughter Having been directly affected by floods and fire in her community, Kym knows the value of Laughter Yoga for reducing stress and building resilience. Known as the 'Shiner'. Kym uses laughter to inspire people to take responsibility for their health and well being. A vibrant public speaker with a unique easy style which invites audiences to relax, unwind, have FUN and LEARN.
Kym leads memorable laughter sessions and workshops in the corporate, education and public health sectors.
What participants take with them
Kym is happy to travel wherever requested to deliver her fun and inspiration. Kym was the President of Laughter Club's Victoria Inc and runs two weekly Laughter Clubs in her home town. One for the general public, the other a seated session in an aged care facility. Why Laughter Yoga? Because it works. Ho ho ha ha ha.
- An immediate reduction in stress levels
- A Positive and more cheerful attitude
- Enhanced resilience, to help prevent ill health and chronic illness
- Improved energy levels
- Increased oxygen levels for clearer thinking and increased productivity
- An increased ability to cope with challenging situations
- Knowing how to release negative emotions and bring about an emotional balance for improved life quality and relationships with colleagues in the workplace, socially and at home
- An understanding of the physical and psychological benefits of using unconditional laughter as a tool for better health and well being.
SPEAKER CLIENT GUIDE INFORMATION
LCVi– Speaker's Page Client Guide - 22 July 2014
LCVi offers a service of helping organisations locate and book an experienced and trained laughter leader/speaker to run laughter presentations and sessions.
LCVi is committed to maintaining high standards in both presentations and the engagement/booking process. We also are committed to ongoing professional development of the presenters and procedure on our Speaker's Page.
If you decide to make a booking request, (and we hope you do!) LCVi will need to know as accurately as possible, the proposed time and date of your proposed session; how many people will be attending; and what kind of organisation you are – "what do you do?" It is important that you read the whole guide so please click and read more on the Laughter Speaker's Client Guide page.